Racing | Fleet | Industrial
Trusted by LMDH constructors and oEMs
- Reduce surface temperatures by 60% Up to 1100 C
- Protection for heat sensitive and critical engine components
- Improved exhaust gas velocity
- Cooler intake air temperatures
- Reduced radiant heat in engine and passenger compartment
- Ability to insulate bespoke systems or production level quantities
What is HeaderShield?
HeaderShield is a bi-layer insulation and encapsulation system for anywhere you want to keep the heat in or out. Consisting of special, inner insulation layer and durable, stainless steel outer shell, HeaderShield™ provides much higher insulation values, durability and mechanical specs than ceramic coating or conventional exhaust wrapping tapes.
HeaderShield™ direct insulation system is designed to withstand long-term temperatures exceeding 1100 degrees Celsius in harsh environments. It is water, oil and vibration resistant and can be applied to wide range of materials – stainless steel, aluminum and other non-ferrous metals or even plastics. Lightweight and easily customizable Headershield™ is environment-friendly and not hazardous during manufacturing, installation, handling and use.
How does it work?
Initially developed for motorsports, HeaderShield™ is now available for any application where precise temperature control is needed, including truck/fleet, marine and industrial use. Advantages include:
- Insulation for crucial engine components that should be kept as cool as possible – intake ducts and manifolds, ECU housings etc.
- Improved efficiency of exhaust system – increased horsepower
- Protection and longer life of sensitive under-the-hood components like sensors, plastic and rubber parts and wire harnesses
- Less radiant heat in engine and passenger compartment
- Reduced turbo lag, stable temperature for turbochargers
- Shorter warm-up times of catalytic converters and Diesel Particle Filters – longer life and better efficiency
- Additional sound insulation
V12 LS ENGINE. FOUR TURBOS.
With some HeaderShield to make it even cooler.
Frequently Asked Questions
Headershield™ IS NOT a do-it-yourself solution. Your components must be sent to our location for proper application of Headershield™ wrap.
What can be wrapped?
Virtually any part or component that needs to be kept hot or cool. This includes exhaust and intake system parts and active components. Catalytic converters and DPF filters are kept hot, while intake manifolds and ducts, sensitive electronics housings etc are protected from heat by use of HeaderShield™.
How exactly does it improve power output?
Higher (and stable) temperatures increase speed of gases in exhaust system for better scavenging and reduced turbo lag. Cooler intake systems provide better volumetric efficiency.
How does it compare to traditional heat control?
In various applications HeaderShield™ produces up to 80% better insulation compared to conventional solutions. It eliminates problems of flaking off common for ceramic coatings due to improper application or overheating.
How much does it cost?
Please see our example pricing and contact us for detailed quote. Despite higher initial cost, HeaderShield™ provides much better value, due to its durability and longevity.
How long does it take to get my header wrapped?
Lead time can vary based on the time of the year and current workload. Please contact us for the most accurate time estimates.
Does it come with any warranty?
HeaderShield comes with 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects. Does not cover normal wear and tear. No warranty on components used in racing. Warranty repairs not to exceed original cost of component processing.
How can I get an estimate?
Due to complexity of the process and wide variety of parts and components that can be wrapped, we provide time and cost estimates on individual basis. If you’re interested in wrapping your parts, please request a quote.
Where do I ship my system for installation?
All parts must be shipped to:
1575 E 89th Ave
Merrillville, IN 46410